As my team and I travel around the country delivering customer service training, we’ve noticed that our clients have coined a phrase. Whenever they are faced with a dilemma concerning a customer or their company culture they’ve begun to ask, “What’s the Red-Carpet Way?” This question has helped them stay on track and make the customer-centric choices that fit with their desired service culture.
We love it!!!
It also gave us pause for thought. We began to have discussions in our office about The Red-Carpet Way. What is the Red-Carpet Way exactly? Yes, we deliver customer service training, leadership development, and company culture retreats. However, we also know that our message goes so far beyond just “customer service.” I personally am on a mission to show others how to treat the people in their lives as VIPs! This was the entire premise behind my book, The Celebrity Experience: Insider Secrets to Delivering Red-Carpet Customer Service.
To that end, you are invited to the official launch of #theRedCarpetWay Conversation – on this blog and on our company Facebook page. We’re asking for your help in shaping The Red-Carpet Way Movement. Over the next 5 weeks we’ll be posing a series of questions on Facebook and posting blogs related to #theRedCarpetWay, and we’d love your comments and participation. Your comments will help us create The Red-Carpet Way Challenge – which we will launch at the end of the 5 weeks. This 30 day challenge will invite you to take one action each day related to living and working #theRedCarpetWay. There will be prizes and lots of fun and we hope that many of you will take the challenge and join the movement!
In the meantime, here’s where we’re starting the conversation.
#theRedCarpetWay is about the choices we make daily. To live and work the Red-Carpet Way is to Choose Each Day to Turn Ordinary Interactions Into Extraordinary Encounters – and to make those in front of us right now feel important, special and like VIP’s.
We do this in 5 specific ways:
1. Show Up with Passion: We show up everywhere we go with enthusiasm – finding something to connect to and get excited about, being fully present to the people we meet. We find those causes, hobbies, people and experiences we are passionate about and we find a way to infuse them into our work and personal lives. We all have gifts and it is our responsibility to passionately share those gifts with the world.
2. Make ‘Em Glad They Met You: We actively work to make others in our world feel noticed, welcome and appreciated! At work we know that customer service boils down to making that person in front of us right now feel like the most important person in the room. At home, we connect and show interest in those we love. We strive to be the kind of people who makes others feel great about themselves.
3. Say Yes, and See It Through: We are here to help! Our motto is “The Answer is YES, the Question Is How!” We know that everything is possible and we look for ways to be helpful and proactive for those we serve. We apply this principle in our own lives by dreaming big, knowing that dreams come true, and taking action to live a life of our dreams. The Answer is YES! The Question is How? ~ Donna Cutting
4. Make Movie Moments: You know those moments in the movies that take you by surprise and delight you? They are the moments that create memories and that you want to relive again and again. We Make Movie Moments for others in our lives when we intentionally look for ways to Surprise and Delight people in our lives – at work and at home.
5. Encourage Possibilities In Everyone: The way we live our daily life has a bigger impact on the world around us than we sometimes realize. You can leave a legacy by simply encouraging the people around you to live their best lives. See possibilities in people that they don’t yet see and encourage them on their paths. Thank people and show appreciation. If we’re living #theRedCarpetWay we become CEO’s of everyone in our lives – Chief Encouragement Officers!
So that’s where we’re starting the conversation. You are invited to add your thoughts by commenting below or joining us on our Facebook page! Please share your stories, examples, ideas and tell us what you think. If you’d like to help us on our mission to spread #theRedCarpetWay message, please share this blog post, our Facebook posts and our Tweets, using the hashtag #theRedCarpetWay.
Thank you in advance, and we look forward to having you Join the Conversation!
Donna Cutting, CSP is the Founder and CEO of Red-Carpet Learning Systems, Inc., a team of customer service experts who provide tools and training to help organizational leaders create a company culture of service excellence. She is the author of The Celebrity Experience: Insider Secrets to Delivering Red-Carpet Customer Service and a funny motivational speaker on stages across the United States. She can be reached at donna@RedCarpetLearning.com or 800-519-0434.