Happy Customer Service Week!
That’s right. The US Congress deemed the first week in October International Customer Service Week, a time to celebrate service excellence and the people who serve customers each and every day! It’s sponsored by the Customer Service Group.
Of course, at Red Carpet Learning Systems we think every week is customer service week! Whether you choose this week or another week, it’s fun to have a little celebration to bring attention to the benefits of rolling out the red carpet.
Here are some great ideas!
- Have a rally to celebrate one or more of your core values or service standards.
- Focus on internal customer service and start each team meeting with shout-outs from peer-to-peer.
- Have a customer service contest – challenging your team to come up with the best ideas for improving the customer experience!
- Start a kindness chain. Cut construction paper links make them available on a bulletin board. Write a thank you or shout out for a specific person and share it with them! Then staple it into a link and hang on the bulletin board. The recipient must now “pay it forward,” by giving a shout out to someone else on the team. Repeat this practice and see how long your chain can get.
- Have a writing party and sit together as a team to hand-write notes to customers.
- Challenge team members to surprise and delight one customer during the week and come back to tell their stories.
- You can also find several great ideas and resources here!
Customer Service week is also the official launch of my friend Shep Hyken’s new book, The Convenience Revolution. I’m reading it now and it’s fantastic and very timely. Take a look and, if it speaks to you, pick up a copy.
Finally, I want to thank those of you who have registered for our Leadership Conference or our Train-the-Trainer program or BOTH! Our entire team celebrates each time one of you registers! Beth and David are excitedly planning the experience and Chris and I are working on the content so you’ll leave Asheville saying “WOW! That was a blast AND jam-packed with useful information. You’re going to leave tools you can use to build your culture of excellent customer service.
If you haven’t registered yet, maybe International Customer Service Week is the perfect time to do so. We have almost sold out our Train-the-Trainer event, but we still have a few spaces. We can accept more people at our Leadership Conference, so we have plenty of space there! For now, you can learn more about the event and register at the sneak peek rate on the Save the Date page here. However, tomorrow, October 5th, the official web page goes up and so does the registration rate – so if you know you’re coming – don’t delay.
Be sure to let me know in the comments below what you’re doing to celebrate Customer Service Week, this week or any week! My team and I love to hear from the people in the Red Carpet Community, living and working #theRedCarpetWay!
Until next time…
Donna Cutting, CSP is the Founder & CEO of Red-Carpet Learning Systems, Inc.and the author of two books on customer service including her latest, 501 Ways to Roll Out the Red Carpet for Your Customers. She leads a team of experts who help organizational leaders engage their people to deliver an exceptional customer experience. To download our free report, 21 Days of Thank You, to help you show appreciation to your INTERNAL customers, fill out the form on the right side of each page of our website.